Safe, convenient, and alive with culture
Safe, convenient, and alive with culture Jane Franklin Hall is located in South Hobart with beautiful views of Hobart, the River Derwent and kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Surrounded by quiet streets, nature is right on your doorstep here at Jane. Our grounds are often home to the local wildlife, and we’re perched at the gateway to some of Hobart’s best nature trails.
Just down the road are supermarkets, a hospital, health services, cafes, and local experiences. Cast your explorations wider and you’ll find shops, markets, restaurants, beaches, historical sites, and day hikes nearby. With a bustling scene of live music, world-class cultural festivals and community events, there’s plenty to do in between your studies.
Located just a short distance from Hobart’s CBD and the University of Tasmania campuses, our bus runs regular routes that will help you explore the region and get the most out of your time at university.
Other facilities and services
- Unlimited Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
- Tennis and basketball court
- Table tennis table
- Common rooms
- Single-person gym
- Television lounges with Foxtel / cable television
- Baking kitchenette for cooking pastries and sweet treats on weekends
- Dry cleaning service (additional cost)
- Library with computers, printer, scanner and photocopier
- BBQ area
- Function/recreation facilities
- Free, fully-equipped laundry room
- Shared kitchenettes