Fostering community spirit
We run a range of activities, perfect for socialising, meeting new people and getting involved in the College community. To help facilitate these activities and meet the needs of the student body, we also have an elected Student Club Committee to represent the residents and plan events.
Here are just some of the activities on offer:
- Welcome Weeks: two weeks of training and activities to introduce new residents to the expectations of college life, bond with other students and prepare for the year ahead.
- Jane Connected: tailor-made online forums designed to help our students stay in touch and inspired, no matter where they are.
- The Jane Play: directed and performed by residents.
- The Art Exhibition: an inter-college art show organised by student volunteers.
- Inter-college sporting competitions including table tennis, rugby, soccer, Australian Rules Football (AFL).
- The Jane Ball: a 50-year College tradition.
- Live at Jane: a night of live music performances put on by students of Jane.
- Movie nights and relaxation sessions.
- Monthly social activities and events.
- Furry Friend visits: a stress-relieving exercise for the Jane community, where dogs and puppies visit on campus during SWOT-VAC.
- Weekly Garden Club
- Plus so much more! Visit our social media page to find out what's been happening at Jane.
Check out our Facebook page to see what's been happening lately at Jane!